Agreed Facebook is a very useful connection tool for users all over the world. Boasting of over 1.2 billion active users all over the world it is easy to see how beneficial it is to have a Facebook account especially looking at it from the business side. However, everything that has an advantage also has a disadvantage. There are some negatives no matter how small that can be linked to Facebook account creation hence the need to Block Facebook at some point in one’s life.
In this current age where internet addiction is getting rampant, it is advisable to limit the access to Facebook or a need to block Facebook totally. So much so for users with self-control issues, it is best to block Facebook. If you are a parent and you realize that your kids are always on Facebook spending too much time connecting with friends instead of studying them, you can do them a great deal of Favour by helping them block Facebook on their devices.
Reasons to Block Facebook
Problems talked about earlier on from time consumption on the internet to addiction are some of the reasons why we should block Facebook. More reasons are looked out below.
- The need to study more as a student calls for you to Block Facebook.
- Companies might want to grant limited or no access to all social media platforms to employees while at work hence the action to block Facebook.
- Due to some of the poisonous contents that kids can run into on Facebook, parents would rather get it blocked.
- School managements mandates IT personals to make sure access to all social media networks are restricted in hostels.
- For self-control sakes, an individual might just decide to block Facebook on some or all devices.
How to Block Facebook
Facebook can either be blocked via the internet platform or with some specific Facebook blocking applications. It is worthy of note that if you want to Block Facebook via the internet platform, you are mandated to use only the Internet Explorer. Here are the steps.
Block Facebook on Internet Explorer
As will all know that internet explorer is a web browser that comes with Windows operating system by default. So if this is the only web browser on your device then this op[tion is best for you as it will stop facebook website from connecting on your device. below is how to get it done.
- Launch your internet browser. Internet Explorer is mandatory.
- Click on Internet options.
- Open “Security”.
- Click “Restricted sites”
- Type in facebook.com URL.
- Click add.
- Close the window.
If you have completed the process then any user who try to visit Facebook using Internet Explorer web browser won’t be able to. you can also try the below option as this is only for Internet Explorer web browser.
Using a Blocking Software to Block Facebook
- Select the software of your choice.
- Download and install the software.
- Depending on the software you have chosen,
- Click on block applications.
- Select the box on Facebook
- Click on apply.
Once this is done users we not be able to visit the Facebook website on that device anymore. There are other alternatives depending on what internet connection you are using. You can also contact your service provider and see if it can be blocked. It now depends on your reasons or why you need to get it blocked as this is also a good and educative platform pending on what the user is up to.