What is a Facebook event? The word Facebook event can be misleading as it may entail events that Facebook have, but it is not that. Facebook event is said to be like a calendar-based resource that is been used to notify Facebook users of any upcoming occasions or any of their friends online. Those events can be created by anyone and can be open to anyone or it can be made private. The person that created the events can invite his friends, the members of a group, or fans of a page.
Over 500 million people use Facebook Event each month. But there are more than 47 million public Facebook event that were created last year alone, so when we are talking about events and events creation, you should be talking about how one can make their event stand out? As its open to all users, you have signed up on this platform.
Some Tips to Know Before Creating a Facebook Event
Facebook event gives you the opportunity to use the image in addition so It is Very important for you to choose an image with little or no text so it’s easy to understand at first sighting. Users who want to create a Facebook event should pick a name that is very clear, short and makes sure that it represents the event.
You need to create an event Content that will make people want to come to your live event. Make sure you have your address, time and date clearly stated. This is just the normal way of planning an event. With these tips, you can now go ahead to create a perfect event for your event.
How to Create a Facebook Event
Most users have been making use of this platform and don’t even know they can create an event. This is just like an electronic invitation below is a step by step process on how to create a Facebook Event.
- From your Facebook homepage, just scroll down and tap Events, for mobile version just click on the menu at the top of the home page and click on events.
- Tap Create Event icon to proceed to create Facebook Event.
- Fill in the event name, details, location, time and date. Then tap Continue. Note that you must include an event name and time.
- Choose your privacy settings. You can’t change the privacy settings of an event once it’s created.
- Tap Continue once you are done with Facebook Event privacy settings.
The next page that shows, tap to select friends to invite to your event or tap Skip. Its is better when you invite friends to your event. As this is one way of notifying friends about your upcoming event.
How to Invite Guest to Facebook Event
- Go to the Facebook event that you created
- Click on the Invite icon on the event page.
- Select Invite Friend under the names of friends you want to invite and click on Send.
You are being given a maximum of 500 invites per event. For some reason or the other, you would want to delete an event, when it is deleted, all invited guest will be notified of the latest action. So no need to worry about people still thinking that the event is still on.
How to Delete a Facebook Event
Due to some reasons, users may want to delete an event. This is quite easy as there is an auto notification that will be sent to notify users about the changes. To delete an event you’ve created:
- Go to the Facebook event you’d like to delete.
- Click Edit icon which gives you full option to edit the event.
- Click Delete Event, then click Delete Event again to confirm.
Once you have completed the above process the event will no longer be available. Users will who you have already invited will be notified of the recent changes. One thing I like about this is that you don’t need to worry about the users you have sent invites to as they will be notified automatically.