Facebook is a place where people of different character meets; friends and family relationship is also maintained. With so much people pouring into the Facebook world, you are bound to meet people with strange and offensive character. Facebook encourages every user to report this set of people whenever they make any offensive statement or anything that’s reporting. Here are some tips to Report Someone On Facebook.
It all depends on what you are up to as many users tend to abuse other users in so many ways. Reporting someone on Facebook is quite easy as this help Facebook to cut off abuses on the platform. If you are getting any form of abuse from a user on this platform, you can report such user to Facebook Admin.
Report Someone On Facebook Using a Web Browser
Visit the Facebook website on www.facebook.com which is the official web address. You will see your Facebook News Feed; if necessary, authenticate access to your Facebook account by entering your login details in the login page form.
- Type the name of the person you want to block in the search bar at the top of the page.
- Click the name of the person and then click on the users profile photo. Doing so will take you to the profile page of the person.
- Alternatively, you can locate the name of the person in your News Feed, click on the name to access the user’s profile.
- Click the three dots (…) located at the bottom right of the cover photo of the person. A menu drops down when you do this.
- Click “report” link in the drop-down A window pops up with the heading “Help Us Understand What’s Happening” and some options under it. Select “Report this profile” option and click the “Continue” Button.
Facebook will then ask you to select a report option in the same pop-up window. Click the “Submit to Facebook for Review” or “Ask us to review this profile” link. This will only appear if the reason for reporting the profile is in line with facebook qualifying reasons. A report will be sent to facebook if you click on it.
Report Someone On Facebook Using an Android and iPhone
Go to your phone’s app menu and tap the Facebook app a dark-blue icon with a white “f” on it. If you have signed into your account, you will be shown your News Feed. You will be directed to the facebook login page if you are not logged in – enter your Facebook account login details (email address or phone number and your password) in the text boxes shown in the page to access your account.
- Tap on the search bar located at the top of your device screen. Tap the name of the person you want to report in the search bar.
- Alternatively, you can scroll through your News Feed and locate the person and click on his profile. You will then have access to the person’s profile page.
- Tap the “…More” button towards the top of the page, you will be shown a pop-up menu;
- Select report from the menu. Doing this will show you a pop – up window; select the “Report this profile” button in the pop-up window’s menu.
- Select the reason why you want to report the user from the list of displayed option. You may be asked to name the reason why you want to report the person before you can report the person.
Once you’ve selected the reason for reporting the profile, tap the “submit to Facebook for review” or “Ask us to review this profile” button (this button will only appear if the reason for reporting the profile meets the facebook qualifying reason). A report will be sent to Facebook when you tap the button.